California State PTA
The mission of the California State PTA is to represent our members
and to empower and support them with skills in
advocacy, leadership, and communication to positively
impact the lives all all children.
Adopted by the California State PTA Board of Managers, March 1999
COUNCIL OF PTA's
Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school,
community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.