Our department is committed to providing support for our students and families through a variety of programs and opportunities
The Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our students, staff, and school community who participate in our full-day and/or part-time ASES and SACC programs. We will continue to adhere to all recommended protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and we look forward to working in partnership with our students and parents to ensure all necessary home screening steps are taken daily.
We are requesting parents take the following steps daily prior to bringing students to ASES/SACC:
- Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth
- Feeling feverish (chills/sweating)
- Sore throat
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
- Difficulty breathing
- Had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with a person with confirmed COVID-19
ASES/SACC employees are also requested to complete a home screening process daily before arriving at work.
We look forward to continuing to provide the ASES and SACC programs to meet the needs of our students and families. We cannot do this without your support!
ASES Elementary and middle School
ASES services students from grades Kindergarten to 5th grade in the Norwalk area. We provide an academic-based after-school program from the end of school to 6:00PM. ASES is funded for the elementary and middle school sites on the Norwalk side of the district and Foster Road. For more information regarding the ASES Prep program including registration and fees click here.
SACC Prep services students from grades TK-5th grade in the La Mirada area. We provide all-day child care and supplemental services from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at La Pluma, Eastwood, Gardenhill, Dulles, and Escalona. For more information regarding the ASES Prep program including registration and fees click here.
We are looking forward to a partnership with our local YMCA.
Uptown Whittier Family Center (562) 907-6530
East Whittier Family Center (562) 943-7241
Contacts for NLMUSD Supplemental Education Programs:
ASES Contact: Nancy Rios, Supervisor
SACC Contact: Karina Villarruel
As a result of the COVID-19 and its impact on our school communities, it is imperative that we continue to implement social distancing within our schools and offices. The following provides protocols for student enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Parent/Guardian will complete registration online for one of our supplemental programs.
- Site Staff will contact parent/guardian upon completion of the enrollment process and provide the next steps for students.