Proof of Residence
Any parents who have a new NLMUSD student must bring an approved form of proof of residence when visiting their child’s school to complete the registration process. Returning NLMUSD students must submit proof of residence if their home address changed.
Acceptable documentation to verify residency may include:
1) Utility bill for current month - either gas, electric or water (telephone bills are not accepted)
2) Deed to home (rental agreement - rent receipts are not accepted)
1) California Driver’s License (with current address of residence)
2) California I.D. (with current address) Either of the above must be changed, if necessary, at the DMV prior to returning form to school. Form will not be approved if this is not done.
3) Mail that you have received at your residence (If personal mail is used, it must be current, postmarked within a month of the date of the form).
Examples of mail are: Mail that has been forwarded by the post office; Verification from social worker (AFDC); Bank Statement, imprinted checks from bank; Employment Records; Automobile Insurance.