Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District, in collaboration with our parents and our community, shall develop in our students the knowledge, understanding, skills, and attitudes to empower them to become life-long learners and successful, productive citizens in an ever-changing world. We will accomplish this by promoting a climate of high expectations, providing world-class opportunities, striving to meet individual needs, and valuing diversity.
Every Student. Future Ready. Our PROMISE!
Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District is leading our community into the future by developing students who are open-minded and curious, skilled in critical thinking, working collaboratively, and using current and emerging technologies.
We personalize learning to meet the needs, motivations, and strengths of each student, ensuring every student graduates prepared to succeed in college, careers, and participate positively in our community’s civic life.
1. Engaging and Responsive Climate and Culture
2. College and Career Ready Graduates
3. Exemplary Staff
4. Parent and Community Engagement
5. Access to Rigorous Instruction and Support
6. Operational Excellence
We, the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District, hold ourselves accountable for:
- Encouraging the intellectual curiosity, creativity, success, and individuality of each student.
- Promoting the mental and physical health of students and staff.
- Treating everyone with kindness, dignity, respect, and equity.
- Communicating and acting with honesty, integrity, and transparency.
- Embracing high expectations to foster achievement.
- Responsibly stewarding our fiscal resources.
- Providing each student and staff member with resources and support in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Supporting world-class learning environments with strategic, data-guided instructional and assessment practices.
- Fostering staff, student, parent, family, and community engagement.