WHEN DO I NEED TO SUBMIT A FACILITY/SITE MODIFICATION FORM?
A site administrator or department head needs to complete and submit a Facility/Site Modification Form to the Facilities Planning & Construction Department whenever there is a need to physically alter and/or add to a facility or space, including temporary or permanent interior and exterior changes.
Examples of Work Requiring a Facility / Site Modification Form:
A site would like to add a lunch shelter to its campus.
A department would like to convert a space into offices.
A site would like to add or replace a marquee, monument, or scoreboard.
Adding or moving walls or doors.
Adding a storage container to the site.
Exterior or interior remodel of space.
Addition of signage for traffic.
The site or department is responsible for funding these types of projects. The Facilities Planning & Construction Department will develop a budget for the Modification Request based upon the scope of work requested from the site or departments.
STEPS TO BEGIN THE PROCESS OF A SITE MODIFICATION REQUEST
1. Call the Facilities Planning & Construction Department (562)868-9014 to schedule
a meeting with staff to discuss the proposed project.
2. Complete a Facility/Site Modification Request form and submit to the Office of the
Assistant Superintendent for Approval.
3. Upon Approval submit form to the Facilities Planning & Construction Office.
4. Staff will assist you in the design of your project as needed.
5. Our staff will discuss options as to the most cost effective way to complete the
6. Staff will provide you with an estimate and request a funding source for your
7. Once the funding number is provided, staff will set up a project schedule and
oversee the project through completion.
Please call as you start to plan your project, so that we can be informed of what is being considered.