GIFTED AND TALENTED EDUCATION
The Mission of the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District Gifted and Talented Education Program is to meet the unique educational needs of advanced learners including those from diverse racial, socioeconomic, linguistic and cultural backgrounds as they strive to reach their fullest potential by providing:
- Educational programs based on clearly articulated state curriculum standards;
- Rigorous, challenging, accelerated instructional opportunities;
- High quality differentiated learning experiences in varied environments;
- Programs that recognize and extend the particular talents, strengths, and abilities of each student;
- Qualified teachers, administrators, and other staff members who have participated in high-quality professional experiences; and
- Opportunities for parents, educational professionals, community members, and gifted learners to collaborate.