Skip to main content

Norwalk La Mirada Unified School District

Main Menu Toggle
Welcome to the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District
Staff email: Office 365


Was the last school you attended within the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District? Did you complete the 12th grade between years 2004 through 2014? Did you complete all graduation and district requirements for your graduating class, but did not pass either one or both sections of the CAHSEE?


If you didn’t graduate from high school because you failed the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE), you now have an opportunity to get your diploma. A new state law – Senate Bill 172 signed by Governor Brown on Oct. 7, 2015 – allows you to get your diploma if you passed all of the graduation requirements of your graduating class, but did not pass CAHSEE. 


Just complete the short application online. Per state law, diplomas cannot be issued until after Jan. 1, 2016. 

For further information, please call the Student and Family Services Office (562) 868-0431 Ext: 2102



More About the Suspension of the California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE)

Recent changes in regulations have suspended the California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) as a condition of receiving a diploma of graduation or a condition of graduation from high school for students who have met all other high school graduation requirements.

Class of 2015

Senate Bill 725: This law suspends the CAHSEE requirement for the class of 2014-15.  Districts may immediately begin issuing diplomas to eligible students.  Students in the class of 2014-15 who completed all graduation requirements, except CAHSEE, should contact the NLMUSD school they attended during their twelfth grade year.  

Classes from 2006 to 2014
Senate Bill 172: This law suspends the administration of the CAHSEE and the requirement that students completing grade twelve successfully pass the CAHSEE as a condition of receiving a diploma of graduation from high school for the 2015–16, 2016–17, and 2017–18 school years. The law also requires districts to grant a diploma to any student who completed grade twelve in the 2003–04 school year, or a subsequent school year, and has met all applicable graduation requirements other than passage of the CAHSEE. The law will not take effect until January 1, 2016, at which time districts shall be permitted to issue diplomas to eligible students.