Technology Services will be upgrading the district's email system from Microsoft Exchange 2010 to Office 365 for Education. The upgrade will allow teachers, staff, and student to take advantage of Office 365 collaboration suite: email, calendar, sites, online storage, instant messaging, web conference, and more.
Every district email user will be affected. For most users, the migration will happen overnight and not be noticeable. All mail, calendar, and contact items will appear in Outlook as they did before.
In addition, the upgrade will provide:
• 50GB mailbox size.
• Enhanced functionality and usability for Outlook Web Access (OWA) users.
• Better support for mobile devices, such as the iPhone and Android.
• Instant messaging, 1TB of online storage, Skype for Business.
• Increased reliability, availability, and security.
Training and Support.
- Formal training will be provided during 2016-2017 school year. (Pending budget approval)
- Limited training will be provide to each site (post migration and on-going)