Instructions on connecting Windows 7 to Wireless Network for Students
1. Click on your wireless signal icon in the lower-right of your Windows Desktop to bring up the list of wireless signals. Click on “Open Network and Sharing Center”
2. You’ll be presented with the next screen. Click on “Manage wireless networks”
3. The following screen will then appear. Click on “Add”
4. You’ll see the next screen. Click on “Manually create a network profile”
5. The next screen will appear. Please type in the information as depicted below:
Network name = NLM-Student
Security type = WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type = AES
Click “Next” when you have filled out the correct information.
6. The next screen will appear. Click on “Change connection settings”
7. The following screen will appear. Click on the “Security” tab.
8. Make sure that “Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP)” is selected under network authentication method.
Click on the Settings button next to it.
9. The pop-up window will appear. Please verify the following:
Make sure to UNCHECK the box next to Validate server certificate.
Under Select Authentication Method, make sure that Secure password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) is selected.
Click the Configure button next to it.
10. This pop-up window will appear. Make sure to UNCHECK the check-box. Click OK to close the window.
11. Click OK to close this window.
12. You should be returned to the following window. Click on “Advanced settings”
13. You’ll be presented with the following screen. Please verify the following:
Make sure to CHECK the box next to Specify authentication mode.
Make sure to select only User authentication. Click OK to close the window.
14. Click OK to close the window.
15. Click Close to close the next window.
16. Return to your list of available wireless networks and select "NLM-Student".
17. Staff will then be presented with a login screen. They will need to login and authenticate with their Gmail account but without the domain. For example, if the Gmail account is SteveR313@student.nlmusd.org, they would log in as SteveR313
18. Click OK and you will be connected to the NLM-Student wireless network.